Pages

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Banks of Krishna

Wai happened as a pleasant surprise. Not only for its comfortable stay Nd excellent weather, but for its sheer timing and placement in the hectic schedule of vacations. Summer time is always full of to the dot pre occupied calendar. First part of May goes in the workshop and the latter part goes in a pre registered courses that I take up every year. This year I got free on the 13 th which was the last day of the workshop at my institute. The workshop was about artistic grooming and expression through different mediums. It was a grand success... Immediately after that I did a short script writing course at Learning Cinema conducted by the national award winning writer director Veena Bakshi. Two weeks of intensive training took me from a writing enthusiast to someone who now understands what it takes to write a feature film script. Though I have a long long way to go before I even think of writing a good script, I am on a good phase. I have my idea and concept clear. I must start writing really soon. It was good that my maiden scripting work was torn apart by the panel of critics... it's fantastic to be at a place where I am in writing a screenplay - zero. Excited to start over again asap. Doing the homework for it is fun. 
Wai was gentle, specially the Krushna river... it did show its aggressive face in the evening while we rafted... plus this is the closest I have been to nature since a long time... I was so happy basking in the quietness... there was green and soft sun and hammocks and coolness in the air even in the noon... the bullock cart rides, the unlimited fresh sugarcane juice, the post dinner long walks and the tent stay was breathtaking. The back door of my tent opened in a yard of lillies... what a sight to have... the lock of my tent was camel shaped and life size murals were painted by local artisans on the doors... the shamiana, the baithak, the veranda of every tent lended a cosy and inviting feel. The place was interspersed with terracotta art pieces installed strategically at various places. They took care of making it feel decked up without looking exhibition like. The food was wholesome and simple. 
What I loved is the house of Nana Phadanwis, it had such a romantic old world charm. There was nothing dingy about the one man narrow dark steep staircase and box like rooms with tiny windows.... the wooden work was so strong and intact. I wish they maintained the outskirts of this heritage place better. I was highly enraged when people littered right outside the Vaastu. I pray and hope this is declared as a heritage conservation project soon. It was funny how the men from our group got trapped in the 'wada' as the caretaker locked them and went on to cook for herself at the ground floor kitchen. The rescue operation took a few attempts since our voices from out couldn't reach her deep inside the kitchen... an instance to remember. I fell in love with the 'Ghat' outside the place. It was picturesque,  well conserved and clean. The huge 'vad, pimpal and umbar' trees surrounding the ghats lent chillingly cool shade right amidst the scorching sun. It was mystically alluring. I didn't feel like leaving the place and wondered how it appeared in the evenings... I am sure it would be magical. I am going to be revisiting it again and then going here in the evening. The open banks of the river at the other side of the Dam was phenomenally windy and beautiful in the evenings... I can go there again and again just for the sheer feel of the romance of the evenings near a water body as natural as it is.... Amazing is an understatement when I describe the aesthetically wonderful Narsimha temple. It is an architectural wonder built on a huge well and carved out of stone. I loved the beauty and I secretly wish to shoot at the place one day soon. The temple is clean. However again the place outside the temple is extremely filthy and full of garbage and stink. The Dholya ganpati is very very big idol but it fails to impress. The temple is ancient but very noisy and doesn't lend any peace... We did manage to make a quick factory tour to Mapro which was fun. Tasting various fruit n flavor based drinks n jams, shopping and eating ice cream was thoroughly enjoyed. I so wished and carved for a star gazing night... it was pitch dark... however the resort people didn't shut the railing lights. Night enveloped our tents as we played a few card games. We all slept like a baby. Wonder how, but Wai presented good sleeping pattern to me. I am a happy and a refreshed soul. Rutu farm gets a 4 on 5 stars for its hospitality and comfort. I would love to revisit this place again soon. To experience better and emerge enriched... 
I am counting my blessings as I type this blog in the comfort of my AC bedroom. I feel grateful for everything that I have and I don't have at this given moment. Another day marked in life... the quest for Living the moment...continues...


1 comment:

  1. Sundar varnan kela ahes vaicha mazya dolya samor picture ubha rahila

    ReplyDelete