Pages

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Present ma'am!!!

So much can be observed thought over decided upon done and practiced with regularity in our day to day lives...
I very recently made a significant change in my lifestyle
I was amongst majority of young women in the city who would grab the minutes of their eating time and multitask it into more things than just eating
I would make phone calls, would read emails, watch you tune videos or would help Kanha out with his writing homework or drawing activity while eating.
As urban clock competing humans, we are always pressed for time and hence rely on Multitasking as one of the means to cope with the lacking of it...
Well, when I got thinking as to why we do all that running every single day?
Yes, for a comfortable living, peaceful rest and Good food as the basic instinct that drives us to do what we do every day.
But then why do we have to Watch the God damn television or talk on ohones or read messages or answer mails or do random errands while we eat?
I have seen some of my closest associates eat while driving...!
One can get so busy....? That one can't find enough time to sit and eat quietly in one place...?
Is work so harsh on us that we forget  simple joys of relishing the food we eat?
Many of us wouldn't be able to recollect anything that we ate today morning (forget about remembering what we had yesterday)
Why? Why is this lack of awareness?
Why are we not present in the moment?
Recently when I Eat I just eat....
And with this there are so many minute changes that I have observed...
I understand every little speck of eating like it rightly should feel...
The bitter, salty, sweet, spicy, sour are the basics which I had never experienced in a new light before
Yes even subtle flavours are recognised and appreciated...
I am so thankful for what I see on my plate....
I feel so grateful for the nourishment it provides me...
I feel so fortunate to have been blessed to eat what I want when I want and how I want it...
I feel extremely lucky to have surroundings that lend peace and tranquility to this experience
Food is a medium to satisfy the senses and it should rightly serve the purpose...
I regularly maintain an actual Pen and paper good diary to note down all that I ate in a day and how I felt after eating it.
I kind of know if I have over eaten anytime or eaten in haste or eaten something driven out of mood fluctuation....
We all eat for various reasons...
The main reason should be hunger.
I now have begun to listen to my body. It communicates so well about its needs
And this is a wonderful relationship to have....
Being present in one moment gas slowly made me aware of how Present I should be in all other moments that I live...
I would be a typical Android woman fidgeting with my phone FB WhatsApp and networking sites at all times...
Just when Divinity decided to teach me via experience.
For 4 days, my net conked off...
Whenever I would step out if the house I would be with no data network
First day was utterly disturbing with nothing to see on over my phone...
Second day I missed updates but felt okay
Third day I did not bother unlocking the screen to look for anything...
Fourth day I know I could easily live without getting addicted....
For these four days I was present at l times of the day in whatever I did and whomever I met
I was so aware alert and sharp that I could pick up every single thing that was happening around.
I was less tired at the end of the day.
I slept better....
I hence decided to use the phone down policy when ever I was with people and hence am Working towards it....
I have all ears for what my husband kid mother friend student or maid say to me at any given point of time.
I don't keep forgetting things...
The Android tab remains closed when I m with people.
I am not a Pro yet... It will take time...
But I am so sure it will happen soon.
Being present in the moment doing feeling giving taking experiencing assimilating processing creating responding everything becomes seamless and spontaneous...
When our kids tell us excitedly about tiny stories of how their friend told them a joke and how their class teacher played a prank on them - BE PRESENT
When our spouse tells us excitedly about the upcoming project or progress in his or her field or any challenge at work - BE PRESENT
When your mom tells you about how some of her office colleagues became a grandmoms in their 40s - BE PRESENT
When your maid tells you about her sons 12th Board exam economics paper going tough - BE PRESENT
When your father tells you about their senior citizen privilege membership at a garden nearby which gives them a wide range of facilities to use - BE PRESENT
When your Girl Gang Bestie calls up to check if you think Cowl tees are passe or still in or if she could still wear one just because it makes her feel snuggle  and young... - BE PRESENT
When your inner self asks you to drop everything and take a walk, a break or a nap - BE PRESENT
Being present is the best gift we can give ourselves
We graduate from Doing to Being and gracefully so...
Inhale
Exhale
slow deep breathing
smile as you do it
BE PRESENT
Tasmay Shree Guruve Namaha

- Prajakta Sathe

No comments:

Post a Comment