Pages

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Do you want to smile?

Am I happy?
Will success make me happy?
Okay if I imagine that I have all the success in the world...
I become top notch in my field of interest.
Will I be happy?
Will money give me happiness?
If I become a billionaire... Own a private jet...an island... Power to buy anything....
Will that make me happy?
Will designation give me happiness?
I climb up the ladder... Maybe get to CEO level...own the company... Own clusters of such company... Become the owner of a huge empire...
Will that make me happy?
Will awards and titles or trophies make me happy?
Industry awards, government awards, international awards... Highest awards considered in the society...
Would that make me happy?
Recognition? Popularity? Fan following? Fame? Glamour? Political power?
Will the guarantee of retaining youth make me happy?
If I m granted the blessing of staying young always...?
Would that make me happy?
Would longevity.... Maybe conquering death? Maybe guarantee of my loved one's lives...???
Would anything above make me happy?
Can happiness be captured?
Can happiness be sealed for life...?
Can happiness be permanent ?
Is happiness important...?
What is it....? That will make me really really happy?
So many times...smallest things give me happiness....
Rains on a holiday...
Every moment of performance on stage...
New choreography that happens...
A sizzling perfect Tadka...
Undisturbed noon nap...
My students dancing well and practicing regularly and taking care of themselves...
Getting to watch my Dance teacher perform...
Painting on background to Music with a fabulous cup of chai...
Watching puppies play....
Holding a new born baby....
Making an infant laugh....
Seeing my garden bloom....
Trip to a vegetable market in the peak of spring with freshest produce ever
Coming back to a clean and tidy house...
Rearranging my cupboard...
Hot soup on a cold night...
Watching Rom coms
Sitting next to my soul mate
Holding hands of a loved one...
Hugging my favorite people...
Meeting my besties...
Eating a piping hot phulka right from the tawa to my plate....
Watching the sky which shows stars (unclouded and clear) away from city lights....

And if the above things don't happen....
Am I not happy?
Not really, I am still happy....
I have been asking myself this question time and again...
And what I realized that the level of happiness is relative and changes with not just person to person but with the same individual as he or she evolves with time....

One thing is for sure... Concentrating on things or experiences which gives me happiness definitely makes me happy... Do I ignore things that don't make me happy? No... I definitely don't ignore them...
Do I face them , fight them, struggle?
No... I let them be... They exist and hence must have some importance
I just like to not concentrate on them...
I acknowledge them... It's the presence of not so happy things that makes happiness that precious...
The theory is that there should be detachment rather from everything.
Anything that does not give me happiness but happens is for a reason... And I may or may not be responsible for it.... However the very fact that it happens is because I have written it in my blueprint in order for myself to work with the divine plan...
I am not just for myself....
My blueprint is intertwines with millions of other souls....
My happy may be someone else's not so happy....
So without judging moments by how they make us feel... Let us be grateful.... For what ever happens....
Good bad ugly happy unhappy are perceptions....
Every moment is nothing but An experience...
Every experience, A teacher....
Even striving for happiness is sometimes a stress...
Attachment to happiness is a burden....
In fact a few people secretly Romance tragedies...
We never know what would inspire whom and at what point of time?
Valuing what we already have is good...
Aspiring for better and for more is nice...
Taking efforts being regular diligent sincere is fantastic...
Eg. After working for 16 hours a day to come home to a family eager to see you is a blessing. Yes... But here happiness is relative... The man of the house may want to relax for a bit... Unwind... Sit back and have his dinner in front of the television.... Put up his legs on the recliner and watch his favorite series for a good hour... For him this would be a his me time....
For his wife and daughter this time would be their eagerly awaited family reunion in the day... The girl would want to tell her dad all about her fun time in class. The wife would be wanting to share her day...
In the above scenario no one is right or wrong...
However there are expectations...
There is me time.
They is giving... There is understanding....
Now is there a priority or importance to one person's happiness than other one's?
It is relative... It is how we take it... Expectations would burden... Self content and engrossment would ease things out...
It is okay to live and let live...
If the husband's choice is to relax And if that is important to him... Let him do that.... Why kill the deal with gyan of what he should or must do... It's his life... His priorities would make him happy... He must do just that....
The wife.... If she wants to sleep off she must... If she wants to give silent company to her husband while he watches his serial she can.... If she wants to sit and talk beside him and tell him her things while he watches his TV it's her choice.... If she wants to wait for him and wake up to have a conversation after he comes to sleep.... It's her choice.... If she wants to nag fight or complain and sulk..... It's again her choice.... The child will do what he or she wants to do.... It's non judgmental... He or she would take inspiration from how the adults in the house behave.... Influence and examples are what kids learn from.

A friend doesn't talk fondly with you anymore.... Maybe he or she is busy... Maybe he or she has prioritized things in life for his or her own good... Maybe your behaviour has changed... Maybe it's time to move on. Maybe you both need space... Rather an interval... Maybe the affection is still there and now the relationship is evolved to an extent that it's understood.... For him or her it's okay to not say it... Maybe for you it is important to express... So do what you want to do... Yell them how you feel.... Just that don't compel them to do things for you out of their comfort zone just so that you d be happy....
WE CANNOT CONTROL HOW THE OTHER PERSON WOULD/MUST BEHAVE.
It's his or her own right and no one can take that away from him or her just like no one can tell us what to do....
Whether to be gentler kinder happier giver is our choice....
It's okay to select an option which ceases to be positive in social norms...
It is our individual choice... We decide to live by it...
Live and let live...
Happily or unhappily is up to us...
So how we d like to feel is an individual choice based on our actions and response to the external precursors that happen from time to time.....
So let us be thankful for all the perceptive good and not so good things that are happening around us...
We are evolving because we are experiencing life in our perception...
Happiness is neither a myth not a reality...
It is a perception...
We can just live now.
That's the best we can do.

Tasmay Shree Guruve Namaha

- Prajakta Sathe

1 comment:

  1. This is just awesome... I am in love with this...I have been thinking about this subject for some days... I believe personally that, one should not be happy for a reason...the reason can be taken away from ys any time...so there need not be a specific reason for being happy... Happiness to me is or should bw the way of life ... should become the culture... there are many factors... taht can help us make this as way of life... thanks...I really loves this ... will be sharing this with your permission ofocurse ..

    ReplyDelete