Pages

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Gym pori GYM!!!

They say kill it or get killed is the only way to go (well sometimes)
Not all days are the same, some are rewarding while others are not 
Working with progressive overload has lead to a sense of manifold revelations

A) My body won't give similar results every single day
B) Many a times the progress lies less in the muscles and more in the mind... If my mind is ready my body will follow 
C) Not every workout will lead to an upward stint...
Some are bound to go down ward some will remain at the same level that they were the previous week and most of them will be a step ahead. It is alright to expect the best of every day however it's foolish to get marred by a not so good day. 
D) In spite of clean eating and adequate rest there will be challenging days in the gym. I cannot underestimate the stress levels the rest of the day imparts on my body. If I am stressed it will show in the performance. 
E) Relaxation , calming techniques , meditation are as much a part of fitness as the physical part is... Doing things which we love doing , being around people we vibe well with and more so accepting yourself unconditionally is the key...
F) I must learn to take both the flowers and thorns well, it's a part and parcel of growth. I have been working on both these parameters for quite sometime now. I get extremely conscious if someone wears their judgemental glasses to look at me... 
It's a wonderful world of many shades, that makes us such a brilliant bunch of humans... 
G) I can look at every co- gymmer's journey with awe and fascinating and the very fact that they made it to the gym makes them winners in their own right... Their struggles , their body , their journey will be so unique and I have renewed respect for every soul around...

P.S. It was leg day and I was down by one plate in all exercises than I did the last time. 
My trainer said it's okay and that I m doing just fine. I felt ashamed and frustrated and he saw it in my eyes... He let me feel all that I was feeling and told me , you are on the right journey and it's showing. 
There is this feeling of utmost satisfaction that I have given my best today (though it wasn't at par with last time's performance) I am sore and tired as hell...

But I am neither happy , nor sad... 
It's a good place to be.


Prajakta Sathe

No comments:

Post a Comment