Pages

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Health woes...

With a swollen thumb due to an injury followed by an infection I had to call off my Saturday workout. Antibiotics worked as my thumb began to heal... I can't tell you how bad I felt when I knew my mind was ready but my hand wasn't... Sedated and in pain I took the weekend off. Instead attended a workshop on Sunday and took it slow... 

I would be lying if I said I didn't have my doubts about performance today, still in pain but subsided swelling I entered the gym. My trainer gave me a reassuring smile... I trusted him, he knew about my hand. He said let's give it a try and see. We tried... And with God's grace the try succeeded into a fabulous workout. Form regained and a few more variations added.
The purpose of writing about the journey is not to flaunt or boast...
Most of us care about ourselves and devote time for fitness, for those who don't - let this be a that bit of push to give it a shot...
Workout because you love yourself, you deserve it.

Day next...
Was down with stomach infection and high temperature and had to take a break from Thursday till yesterday... 

So practically spent Diwali in bed resting and healing...
Post diwali and post illness gym reunion happened... 
What a pleasure it was...
I can't tell you how fresh rejuvenated calm and happy I feel... 
Again hats off to my Trainer who doesn't leave a single stone unturned to push me till the best threshold...
It takes time to get back to form even if one has to skip working out for 3-4 days. 
The sickness takes a toll on the muscles...
But it gets back to where it was within a week or so...
Of course only when paired with clean eating and adequate sleep. 
Today we did two muscle groups instead of the usual one...
We checked out our limit on full plate weight seated row in the final set and could reach 10 reps which is a huge personal milestone. 
Happy is the vibe... Eagerly waiting for tomorrow...
To keep challenging myself, getting better, fitter and happier by the day...
To those who haven't had a flavor of this magic potion of workouts, please gift yourself a personal trainer and a gym membership this year and thank yourself a few months from now... 
You owe it to yourselves... 
Love !



Yes, it is festive around , there are lights and merriment and shopping and food and feel good...
And then there is this huge overload of internet and WhatsApp wishes... 
256 WhatsApp wishes per hour and around 4 FB ping wishes per min...whoa... Where are we??? 
The shopping frenzy is alright to handle the sarcastic posts are okay... 
About giving back and not bursting crackers about intolerance about patriotism about gender sensitivity etc......
Easier said than done... I am not even mentioning the name of this festival yet since it's like almost over riding our senses... 
Why not have light in our thoughts and be on ground and take it easy and be normal. 
Every single person around is on some different trip somewhere high...
Be with family friends eat sleep travel smile and have memories... 
Love the festival but the hype ain't going well with me...
Well, it appears amusing from here though...

 Prajakta Sathe

No comments:

Post a Comment