Pages

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Inhale...

BREATHE..... 
I love how places of worship create the perfect concoction of ambient comfort 
The temple... 
It's heady mix of flowers leaves , camphor, petals, dhoop , batti diyas, prashad, teerth laced with the tinkling sounds of bells and occassional arhythmic gong of the Ghanta
How could it ever go wrong???
A tad bit yes, if the mandir is of a celebrity idol like a Shirdi, Mahalaxmi or a Siddhivinayak and the lineage of superstar mega Gods
I always wanted to bottle this collective fragrance to take away with me for days when things go haywire to help recreate the feel good atmosphere...
I am intrigued at how I like the whiff of a fading diya until and after the moment it has completely extinguished , leading to a deep serious mellow fragrance...
Mind you its a different scent of a fading Oil lamp, ghee diya or a candle...
Wait and stand patiently until it blows off to witness the magic...
All three experiences uniquely alluring (at the cost of being labelled apshakuni mahila with weird fetishes like these)
I love the fizzy whiff a match exudes when it lights up.... ahhh... irreplaceable...
Had I been uneducated and unaware of the ecosystem, I d ignorantly light all matches of a match box smelling each burning match with equal awe...
The gas burner goes off on an occasionally windy day and folks run to the kitchen to extinguish it for safety... 
I wonder why men get down at the fuel stations and women sit back in the A/C ...
I on the other hand adore the heavy LPG, CNG, Diesel and other fuel smells...
Books? mmmmm.... can never get over the rustic old world vintage yielding smell of ancient hard covers with yellowing interiors, pages slowly breaking down with brown edges
And yes, I get a high while digging my nose right at the centre of a crisp new book copy, the fresh binding and karara texture....
Annnnnnd.... The whiff of the stud that works out beside me - irreplacable men's deo blended with testosteron... Killer!!!
I m a gym junkie myself, but one of the reasons to go to the gym, well of course are great smelling men with even greater bodies... win win situation!!! isn't it?
Our gym - house keeping mama has put up his cooking stove near our weight training area in a corner.
What a wicked tadka the man puts, oh boy... it is a punishment to keep pushing ourselves on the floor with his out of this world yummy dals khichadi and rassa's simmering a few feet away...
When he slow roasts his paranthas , you cringe while crunching your paunch in disbelief. 
How I d wish to offer him a cook's job in house!!! 
How can we forget the evergreen first shower of rains...
When rain makes love to earth to make it fertile and give birth...
I have got this one bottled though in the form of an Ittar called GIL.
Fresh Grass, dry grass, cut grass, lemon grass... well, any weed smells great! even the rockers would agree!!!
The old school favorites, Mogra,Chameli, Juhi, Raatrani, Rajnigandha...all the white flowers!
And  Soan champa's intense orgasmic fragrance, Genda phools festive whiff...
However, I dont like Roses of any kind. I feel they are tad bit over-rated...
I love the Jasmine oil and Ubtan smell of Diwali and the Browny, truty fruity, rum and Vanilla enfused Christmas and Khus entwined with Firdaus perfumed  Eid...
I love the way Hindu's serve their ghee laden banana sheera at satyanarayan puja's and the Muslim streets enlightened with out of this world smelling kebabs on the street corners, the dhabbas with authentic punjabi tadkas and the Thelas with divine jalebi's and malpuas... 
I hate spas that lure clients with Chocolate or coffee wraps, we might as well eat what we want and flaunt it on our faces and thighs instead of putting it on our skin... 
Secretly I ve tried both on skin at home.... it doesn't work... you end up licking yourself with shame...
The smell of first Hapus of the season... anyone???
The Sizzling browny after the yoko sizzlers???
The cheese that melts on top of nachos with salsa beside your seat in the theatre at the same day you have planned to eat clean???
The crispy deep fried chinese starters at a weekday wedding when it is NOT YOUR CHEAT EAT  DAY???
The unbelievable dollop of Ghee that is undisputedly laden on dal dhokli by your Gujju aunt??? 
These smells are eternally irreplacable...
You know what I like more.... the moment when a baby is unswaddled to check its diaper after a post bath nap....
The Johnson and Johnson with the dudh malai besan haldi on their tender skin..... Divine! 
I have always planned to have many babies just because I d like to smell them after their bath...
I know I am weird, don't give me those looks...
The Southern smells.... The pure mysore sandal soap , the chandan agarbattis , the rassam, sambhar, avial and the coconut oil banana chips with payasamn on a banana leaf.... 
I wanted to marry a mallu, a tam bram, a keralite, just for this.... Yes, yes roll your eyes!!!
The eau-de-cologne reminds me of cold strips of chilling water on my hot forehead while having fever... 
I have fond memories of falling ill, not because I am a sadist but because cologne smells lovely on a sick day!!! 
Talking of smells, pop corn and samosa aroma in theatre if nullified would never make the ambience set for watching a feature film...
The batata vadas in interval of a Marathi Natak are a must.... the garlicy eew to a few.... But thats how  Marathi Rangbhumi is set.... 
The whiff of butter franky at shivaji park and Paav bhaji at Canon, Sardar or Gypsy is world famous!!!
Going off food, people, I like Odonil cakes in wardrobes and napthaline balls in bathrooms too!
I love the phenyl, dettol , lizol, Glass cleaners and detergents, freshly washed moist clothes, squeakily crisp clean dried clothes, brand new linen... starched cottons, organic handlooms.... aaaaahhh....
The smell of ointment and balms... Vicks , Iodex, Amrutanjan, Zandu , Tiger... blissful!!!
The smell of Elizabeth Arden , 5 th Avenue , White Diamond perfume on women and CK Obsession and Davidoff on men.... ufff...
The smell of old spice or denim aftershave on my grandpa with a Brut spray on his shirt is a fond memory...
Smell of my nani's old saree turned into the softest rajai is a staple to sleep... 
The whiff of fresh minty breath and maybe musk on an approaching kiss is irresistable....
The smell of cuban cigar with live jazz playing on the background of a dusky campfire in an open grassland is a dream... 
Warm hands and a warmer hug on a chilling night under a star encrusted sky with foresty smell is a yearning....
The whiffs, the puffs, the aromas, the perfumes, the fragrances...
The way he tastes on my tongue resulting in a deep inhalation that can never be described in words, the entwine and intermingling is the best anticipation I've ever had...
An olfactory bliss...is this...



No comments:

Post a Comment