Pages

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Day 2 - FB exile

It's said that men and women have varied responses to escapades of intimate gratification. Mutual union results in the release of hormones which are comforting for both however the responses triggered by them are startlingly different. While men are lulled back to sleep, post coital scene is all pepped up and fresh for women. Just like alcohol gets some humans all excited and blabbering while some prefer to keep it low and yet others go on a downward spiral. I was thinking about how various actions lead to different emotion centres lit up in our brain. And then there is writing. After finding 'time' in life and after long I wrote with a longing to put down my thoughts. The brewing started early in the morning as soon as I woke up to find nothing to click and log on to and no attention seeking notifications and no timeline to scroll. There were no Memories to revisit and re-share and no video line ups to play un-mindfully.
Without sounding too braggish I would love to state the peace that the non - pinging exuded. Suddenly I had almost nothing to do... So gymming too went smooth with zero distractions.
So did the routine chores around the house and at work in the evening while the class was on. After class when I was travelling back home , I didn't frantically click on the blue icon with a red mark , instead I listened to music , mind you just music without the reading and typing deviation. Just when I got home , nom-nomed on some food and settled on to bed, I was astonished to see that it's just 11 and I am not falling asleep in front of an eye hurting screen light with ongoing messenger ticks. This lured me to open up the blogger icon and type, and how? Peacefully.... Thoughts clear, process streamlined, nothing crowded. It was in one flow... And just when I finished publishing one I thought I am good to sleep. I thought I am clean and poured out. But I was pretty much drunk up on words... I couldn't get an eye shut. See, the Social networking impact doesn't fade in a day... My body is used to staying up if not physically , but psychologically late... So I wanted to type more , write more and blog more .... Cathartic , yes but I wasn't let it get addictive. I slept over it... Though tossing and turning in bed, I let it brew till morning. I must have slept at 2 am and to my utter surprise I was up at 6.20 am fresh and raring to go... I wonder why... But I chose not to think about it. Finding leisure to do what I want to do is new. I must have done music at that hour but I didn't. I stayed with my eyes shut, doing nothing... Yes I was sleep deprived but I was awake as well. It was beautiful to listen to morning sounds... the water pump starting ,   Water gushing through the pipes as our night Watchman washed the building cars, the birds chirping, the azan from a nearby masjid, the shankh from the Vigneshwar temple and the train on rails which never makes its presence felt now was faintly audible, an occasional vehicle sound and the sound of peace...
I am blessed to have seen this day in a different light. I hope to sail through the coming days and I hope to sustain this force every single day till the 23rd. No anticipation, no pressure. Taking it one moment at a time. Off to my Karmabhumi. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment